Vacancy DevOps Engineer (Junior)
Do you manage or build systems and have skills in programming/development? Or are you a programmer/developer who also likes operations? Can you bridge the gap between developers and operations? Then we are looking for you!
As a Junior DevOps Engineer you work on a consultancy or project basis on a technical, challenging assignment for clients such as The Dutch Police, Bol.com, Booking. With your knowledge of both development and operations, you bridge the gap between developers (developers) and administrators (operations). You help the developers connect to the systems on which their code will be executed. In addition, you help the operational side with your knowledge of the application to tune and set up the system so that the application performs optimally. You will work with techniques such as AWS, Gitlab, Jenkins and Bitbucket. You can think of assignments such as:
- Converting existing applications to containers;
- Maintain and upgrade one or more application stacks.
Your development is central
Cloud Native technologies are at the heart of our organization. Our Cloud Native experts follow the latest technical developments and always want to improve and deepen themselves in new technologies or interesting tech applications. We invest a lot in your development and believe that it is important for you to continue to develop yourself as a specialist. Not only do you receive a personal study budget, you also have ten paid study days per year. In addition to weekly study evenings, we organize in-house workshops, training courses and lectures to share knowledge and insights with your colleagues. Several colleagues work together every week to improve their knowledge of cloud, containerization, DevOps, infrastructure, security, observability or Infrastructure as Code.
What can you do?
- Basic knowledge of at least one programming language;
- Some experience with a cloud environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Linux systems;
- Experience with a version control system such as Git or Subversion;
- Some experience with CI/CD tooling;
- You are a good communicator;
- You can switch well between two disciplines.
This is what you get from SUE!
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience and an interesting bonus scheme.
- A nice lease car including private kilometers (different options, for example VW Polo, VW Golf or Tesla).
- A study budget and paid study days.
- You can participate in workshops, trainings, courses and get as many certificates as you want.
- Continuous professional growth and development via our tailored development program.
- An open atmosphere, we value your initiative and ideas and offer you freedom and flexibility.
- 8% holiday allowance and 25 vacation days, this could eventually become 30.
- Non-contributory pension and collective health insurance.
- Laptop and telephone and all kinds of other gear to do your work well – even at home.
- Free lunch every day at SUE HQ.
- A monthly tech talk + buffet.
- Game nights, hack challenges, family days or join the SUE Cycling Team.
- And of course the nicest colleagues with whom you can always spar about the latest technologies.