Vacancy Platform Engineer (Junior)
Do you get excited about building, implementing and troubleshooting complex platforms? Do you like varied and technically challenging work in which your knowledge and experience is continuously growing? Then we are looking for you!
As a Junior Platform Engineer you work as consultant or in project form on a technical, challenging assignment for clients such as The Dutch Police, Bol.com, Booking or NXP. You build, manage and troubleshoot platforms at one of our customers. The platforms are diverse, from virtualization and network to hybrid cloud systems. You document your work and write manuals so that other colleagues can also perform the tasks. With monitoring you ensure that you detect errors and in the event of a malfunction you investigate the (possible) solution. You work with products such as AWS, Azure, RedHat, Ceph, VMware, NetApp, Cisco, Juniper, Arista, HP, Dell, etcetera. Think of assignments such as:
- The migration of OBB interfaces to a new network;
- Upgrading a Ceph cluster;
- Installation and configuration of a new Proxmox Cluster.
Your development is central
Cloud Native technologies are at the heart of our organization. Our Cloud Native experts follow the latest technical developments and always want to improve and deepen themselves in new technologies or interesting tech applications. We invest a lot in your development and believe that it is important for you to continue to develop yourself as a specialist. Not only do you receive a personal study budget, you also have ten paid study days per year. In addition to weekly study evenings, we organize in-house workshops, training courses and lectures to share knowledge and insights with your colleagues. Several colleagues work together every week to improve their knowledge of cloud, containerization, DevOps, infrastructure, security, observability or Infrastructure as Code.
What can you do?
- Knowledge or willing to gain experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud products;
- Basic knowledge of an operating system such as Windows or Linux;
- Basic knowledge of monitoring;
- Experience with services such as a web server, database, file share;
- Experience with a scripting language such as Bash, PowerShell or Python;
- You are good at writing out processes and you can document clearly.
This is what you get from SUE!
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience and an interesting bonus scheme.
- A nice lease car including private kilometers (different options, for example VW Polo, VW Golf or Tesla).
- A study budget and paid study days.
- You can participate in workshops, trainings, courses and get as many certificates as you want.
- Continuous professional growth and development via our tailored development program.
- An open atmosphere, we value your initiative and ideas and offer you freedom and flexibility.
- 8% holiday allowance and 25 vacation days, this could eventually become 30.
- Non-contributory pension and collective health insurance.
- Laptop and telephone and all kinds of other gear to do your work well – even at home.
- Free lunch every day at SUE HQ.
- A monthly tech talk + buffet.
- Game nights, hack challenges, family days or join the SUE Cycling Team.
- And of course the nicest colleagues with whom you can always spar about the latest technologies.