Vacancy Platform Engineer (Senior)
Do you get excited about building, implementing, troubleshooting and reviewing complex platforms? Are you an experienced Senior & Platform Engineer who likes responsibility and takes initiative? Then we are looking for you!
As a Senior Platform Engineer you work as consultant or in project form on a technical, challenging assignment for clients such as The Dutch Police, Bol.com, Booking or NXP. With your in-depth knowledge of platforms, you build, manage and work on troubleshooting large platforms. You work on complex problems and extensive systems with many dependencies. You work with products such as AWS, Azure, RedHat, Ceph, VMware, NetApp, Cisco, Juniper, Arista, HP, Dell, etcetera. Think of assignments such as:
- Expanding a factory network and on-site data center;
- Setting up a Proxmox HA cluster;
- Setting up an OpenStack environment with Ceph storage.
Your development is central
Cloud Native technologies are at the heart of our organization. Our Cloud Native experts follow the latest technical developments and always want to improve and deepen themselves in new technologies or interesting tech applications. We invest a lot in your development and believe that it is important for you to continue to develop yourself as a specialist. Not only do you receive a personal study budget, you also have ten paid study days per year. In addition to weekly study evenings, we organize in-house workshops, training courses and lectures to share knowledge and insights with your colleagues. Several colleagues work together every week to improve their knowledge of cloud, containerization, DevOps, infrastructure, security, observability or Infrastructure as Code.
What can you do?
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud products;
- You have in-depth knowledge of an operating system such as Windows or Linux;
- You have knowledge of at least one monitoring tool and demonstrable experience in setting up or expanding these tools;
- You have in-depth knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Bash, PowerShell or Python;
- You have knowledge of network equipment;
- Hosting your own service, for example your own hobby network, is an advantage.
This is what you get from SUE!
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience and an interesting bonus scheme.
- A nice lease car including private kilometers (different options, for example VW Polo, VW Golf or Tesla).
- A study budget and paid study days.
- You can participate in workshops, trainings, courses and get as many certificates as you want.
- Continuous professional growth and development via our tailored development program.
- An open atmosphere, we value your initiative and ideas and offer you freedom and flexibility.
- 8% holiday allowance and 25 vacation days, this could eventually become 30.
- Non-contributory pension and collective health insurance.
- Laptop and telephone and all kinds of other gear to do your work well – even at home.
- Free lunch every day at SUE HQ.
- A monthly tech talk + buffet.
- Game nights, hack challenges, family days or join the SUE Cycling Team.
- And of course the nicest colleagues with whom you can always spar about the latest technologies.